Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Yeh Gul(zar)istan Hamara

, Films of Gulzar

17 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yeh Gul(zar)istan Hamara, Films of Gulzar
swarapriya
post Jun 12 2011, 12:20 PM
Post #196

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Zevar (1987)

This movie was based on a story by Sharat Chandra Chatterjee. It was less than 90 minutes long and had no songs in it. Salil Chowddhury composed its background music. Guzlarji wrote the screenplay and dialogues for the movie. I am uploading its title music below...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 20 2011, 11:55 AM
Post #197

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Chatran (1988)

This movie was based on a Japanese movie made in 1986 called "Koneko Monogatari". It tells a story about the plight of two unlikely friends, a cat and dog, who get separated. It was remade in English as "The Adventures of Milo & Otis" in 1989.

All songs I am uploading here are by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you very much. Also, all songs were sung by Asha Bhosle. Here are these...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jun 25 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #198

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Libaas (1988)

Gulzar wrote the lyrics and directed this film. However, it couldn’t get clearance by the Censor Board for public exhibition. This was not the first time Gulzarji had problems like this. His "Aandhi (1975)" ran into the same problems with the Censor Board but it was eventually cleared for exhibition. However, it was different this time. The Board members felt the subjects "Libaas" dealt with, adultery and extramarital relations were too bold for its time and declined to give the clearance. It was shown abroad at various film festivals but the Indian Censor Board stuck to its guns and never yielded. I am not certain whether this film was ever released in India.

It has beautiful music to great lyrics written by Gulzarji. Even though movie was made in 1988, because of the Censor Board problems it ran into, the songs of the film were not released until 1994, after R.D.’s death.

I am uploading these songs from an original soundtrack album. Here are these beauties…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 4 2011, 05:12 AM
Post #199

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Mirza Ghalib (TV Serial) - CD1 (1988)

This TV serial starring Naseeruddin Shah as Mirza Ghalib was written an directed by Gulzarj. Its music was composed by the ghazal singer Jagjit Singh. He and his wife along with Bhupinder Singh and Vinod Sehgal sang all the songs from the serial. These songs (ghazals) were released as a 2-CD set with all of the lyrics taken from Ghalib's work. I will upload the songs from the first CD today and the second CD next time. There are 13 ghazals in the first CD. I will upload them in two back-to-back posts.

Here are the first six ghazals...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 4 2011, 05:12 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 4 2011, 05:25 AM
Post #200

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Mirza Ghalib (TV Serial) - CD1 (1988)"...

Here are the rest of the ghazals from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post Jul 4 2011, 09:03 AM
Post #201

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jun 25 2011, 11:34 PM) *

Libaas (1988)

Gulzar wrote the lyrics and directed this film. However, it couldn’t get clearance by the Censor Board for public exhibition. This was not the first time Gulzarji had problems like this. His "Aandhi (1975)" ran into the same problems with the Censor Board but it was eventually cleared for exhibition. However, it was different this time. The Board members felt the subjects "Libaas" dealt with, adultery and extramarital relations were too bold for its time and declined to give the clearance. It was shown abroad at various film festivals but the Indian Censor Board stuck to its guns and never yielded. I am not certain whether this film was ever released in India.

It has beautiful music to great lyrics written by Gulzarji. Even though movie was made in 1988, because of the Censor Board problems it ran into, the songs of the film were not released until 1994, after R.D.’s death.

I am uploading these songs from an original soundtrack album. Here are these beauties…

There was no censor board issue with this film. It played at a few film festivals in 1991-92 (in India as well... I saw it in Bangalore), but did not get a theatrical release due to some issues with the producer. And if I'm not mistaken, the songs were also released in the 1992-93 time frame, before RD's death.

Aditya

+Quote Post
Debopriyo
post Jul 4 2011, 10:20 AM
Post #202

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 76169

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Jul 4 2011, 09:03 AM) *

Libaas (1988)

There was no censor board issue with this film. It played at a few film festivals in 1991-92 (in India as well... I saw it in Bangalore), but did not get a theatrical release due to some issues with the producer. And if I'm not mistaken, the songs were also released in the 1992-93 time frame, before RD's death.

Aditya

Ya Adityaji ..Cassette released Single No too.............& Specially "Doordarshan telecasted the song ..."SILI HAWA CHOO GAYEE" ......

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
Reba McEntire
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 4 2011, 11:55 AM
Post #203

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Jul 3 2011, 08:33 PM) *

Libaas (1988)

Aditya

Okay, I get the message loud and clear. Obviously I was misinformed. Cheers. -S

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 4 2011, 11:56 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 8 2011, 04:23 AM
Post #204

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Mirza Ghalib (TV Serial) - CD2 (1988)

Here are the ghazals from the second part of the two-volume set. I will upload these in two back-to-back posts. Couple of ghazals in these recordings have some noise in them. Especially the ghazal "Yeh Mujhe". Please note that these are part of the recordings.

Here are the ghazals in the first post...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 8 2011, 11:19 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 8 2011, 04:32 AM
Post #205

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Mirza Ghalib (TV Serial) - CD2 (1988)"...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 8 2011, 11:21 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post Jul 8 2011, 10:51 AM
Post #206

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 8 2011, 04:32 AM) *

Ya Mujhe Afsar-e-Shahi and Layi Hayat Aaye are not Ghalib's ghazals. The first one is by Bahadur Shah Zafar and the latter by Zauq.

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 8 2011, 11:22 AM
Post #207

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Jul 7 2011, 10:21 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 8 2011, 04:32 AM) *

Ya Mujhe Afsar-e-Shahi and Layi Hayat Aaye are not Ghalib's ghazals. The first one is by Bahadur Shah Zafar and the latter by Zauq.

Thank you very much Aditya for the suggested corrections to my Ghalib postings. I made the changes as recommended. Thanks. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Jul 8 2011, 03:07 PM
Post #208

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 8 2011, 09:02 AM) *

Swarapriya

I clearly remember seeing the TV serial many years back and remember Pata Pata Boota Boota Haal Hamara Jaane Hai (not sung by Jagjit) in the serial and even remember the picturisation. I didn't see (and apologies if I missed it) in your Mirza Ghalib uploads.

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 8 2011, 11:04 PM
Post #209

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Jul 8 2011, 02:37 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 8 2011, 09:02 AM) *

Swarapriya

I clearly remember seeing the TV serial many years back and remember Pata Pata Boota Boota Haal Hamara Jaane Hai (not sung by Jagjit) in the serial and even remember the picturisation. I didn't see (and apologies if I missed it) in your Mirza Ghalib uploads.

Faraaj,

No. I didn't upload the ghazal you are referring to. The CDs did not include it. What I uploaded was from the 2-CD set. May be someone else can come forward and share this with rest of us. I did have the DVD of the serial but I just can't locate it. If and when I do, I will try to upload it myself.

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post
yogihit
post Jul 9 2011, 11:25 AM
Post #210

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 45555

http://ishare.rediff.com/video/others/1988...ane-hai/1820683

Regards,
Yogi

An open source Person
+Quote Post

17 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 06:34 AM