Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Three Of A Kind

, Dev, Dilip & Kishore

67 Pages V « < 31 32 33 34 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three Of A Kind, Dev, Dilip & Kishore
swarapriya
post May 2 2011, 12:18 AM
Post #472

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Kishore) Dilli ka Thug (1958)

This beautiful album has several zany as well as a few lovely songs. With Kshoreda in the lead, one can expect a fair share of typical zaniness. Most of the songs he sang for this film fit this pattern except for one. This one is the duet "Yeh Raaten Yeh Mausam". It is one of my favorite duets of Asha and Kishoreda. Asha has several lovely numbers of her own with "Yeh Bahaar Yeh Sama" taking the honors. Then Geetaji has her trademark song, "O Babu O Lala". When it comes to these type of songs nobody does it better than Geetaji.

I am uploading all these songs from an original soundtrack album in the first post. The second post contains few extended version songs, all thanks to the Forum members.

Here are the songs in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 2 2011, 12:24 AM
Post #473

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Dilli ka Thug (1958)"...

I am uploading few extended version songs from this album. These all were originally contributed by the members of this Forum. Thank you very much...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
abhijoy
post May 2 2011, 10:01 AM
Post #474

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 148584

thanks swarapriya.....but the song "O bandariya" is from "Bombay Ka Chor(1962)"...

can u pls check...

Regards

Gargi
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 2 2011, 01:04 PM
Post #475

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(abhijoy @ May 1 2011, 09:31 PM) *

thanks swarapriya.....but the song "O bandariya" is from "Bombay Ka Chor(1962)"...

can u pls check...

Thank you Gargi.

I double checked my database for both albums but I couldn't come up with the same conclusion you did. I will wait for someone else to come forward and settle this. Thanks. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
vasudev0409
post May 3 2011, 12:29 AM
Post #476

Group Icon

Member No.: 2524

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 2 2011, 01:04 PM) *

can u pls check...

Thank you Gargi.

I double checked my database for both albums but I couldn't come up with the same conclusion you did. I will wait for someone else to come forward and settle this. Thanks. Cheers. -S

Swarapriya,

O bandariya is certainly from Dilli ka Thug.I have this info from original CD CDF 120334 and
Hindi Film Geet Kosh.

regards,

vasudev
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 3 2011, 01:04 AM
Post #477

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(vasudev0409 @ May 2 2011, 11:59 AM) *

can u pls check...

Thank you Gargi.

Swarapriya,

O bandariya is certainly from Dilli ka Thug.I have this info from original CD CDF 120334 and
Hindi Film Geet Kosh.

regards,

vasudev

Thank you for authenticating this Vasudev. I happen to have both original CDs. Only thing is all my CDs were converted into MP3s many moons back and have been shelved. It is almost impossible for me to go back to check these to verify one way or another.

Thank you again.

Cheers,
S

+Quote Post
Exon
post May 3 2011, 04:27 AM
Post #478

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 3 2011, 01:04 AM) *

can u pls check...

Thank you Gargi.

Swarapriya,

Hindi Film Geet Kosh.

regards,

vasudev

Thank you for authenticating this Vasudev. I happen to have both original CDs. Only thing is all my CDs were converted into MP3s many moons back and have been shelved. It is almost impossible for me to go back to check these to verify one way or another.

Thank you again.

Cheers,
S

The song 'chal re ameeran ... o bandariya' was recorded for Dilli Ka Thug (1958); but wasn't used in Dilli Ka Thug. It was later used in Bambai Ka Chor (1962).

Exon

This post has been edited by Exon: May 3 2011, 04:33 AM
+Quote Post
abhijoy
post May 3 2011, 04:22 PM
Post #479

Group Icon

Member No.: 148584

QUOTE(Exon @ May 3 2011, 04:27 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 3 2011, 01:04 AM) *

can u pls check...

Thank you Gargi.

Swarapriya,

Hindi Film Geet Kosh.

regards,

vasudev

Thank you again.

Cheers,
S

The song 'chal re ameeran ... o bandariya' was recorded for Dilli Ka Thug (1958); but wasn't used in Dilli Ka Thug. It was later used in Bambai Ka Chor (1962).

Exon

thanks exon ji for clarification.....

the song video can be found here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp0qIkhOt7g

Regards

Gargi
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 3 2011, 11:14 PM
Post #480

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ May 2 2011, 03:57 PM) *

Exon

Well, then the song belongs in both the places. I will leave the credits as they are because they both are correct. Thanks for the clarification, Exon.

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 9 2011, 06:57 AM
Post #481

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Milap (1955)

This movie was first for both director Raj Khosla and its music director N. Dutta. The film was based on Frank Capra’s 1936 Hollywood classic, “Mr. Deed Goes to Town”, that starred Jean Arthur and Gary Cooper. The English version, considered a classic, was a multiple award winning film including the Best Director Oscar for Capra. However the Hindi version of the film flopped despite its good story, fine acting by the principles, rich lyrics, and beautifully well picturized catchy songs.

N. Dutta, who made his debut with this film, was an assistant to S.D. Burman. He also assisted other music directors before got his break. When he got the chance to provide music for this movie he jumped at the opportunity. Knowing the power of lyrics, and having worked with S.D. and seen the results before, Dutta insisted on Sahir Ludhianvi to write the lyrics. He had his wish granted by the producer. The result is that the songs have rich lyrics tuned to fine music resulting in several melodious songs. Even though the movie was a financial failure, Dutta went onto provide memorable music for many other movies, with Sahir Saab writing lyrics for a handful of them.

The first time director of “Milap”, Raj Khosla, was a good friend of Dev Anand, the movie's hero. Before turning to be a fulltime director, Raj assisted Guru Dutt, introduced to Guru by Dev himself, in some of the movies Guru directed. Even though “Milap” flopped, Khosla got another opportunity to direct the very next year for a Guru-produced film, “C.I.D.”, also starring Dev Anand. The film “C.I.D.” introduced Waheeda Rehman in a major role with scintillating music by O.P. Nayyar and went on to become a huge hit. This paved way for Raj to produce or direct many more blockbusters.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. There are some really good songs in this album. Geeta Dutt dominates with three beautiful solos and a duet with Rafi Saab. The song “Yeh Bahaaron Ka Sama”, sung individually by Lata and Hemantda, became a signature song of the movie. Our fellow member Venkat wrote earlier when these songs were posted sometime back that the mukhda of the duet “Bachna Zara” is identical to the mukhda tune of a Lata solo, “Tara Rara” from “Hoor-E-Arab (1955)”. The music for this film was composed by Ghulam Mohammed. Both of these 1955 movies, different music directors, and different songs with the same mukhda! Perhaps, it was an amazing coincidence.

Here are the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 9 2011, 07:03 AM
Post #482

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Milap (1955)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ShankarJaikishanFan
post May 9 2011, 12:41 PM
Post #483

Group Icon

Member No.: 180961

QUOTE(ShankarJaikishanFan @ May 2 2011, 12:48 PM) *

Thanks for all your uploads Swarapriya and fulfilling my earlier requests!

Could you re-upload Deedar, Daag, Tarana, Andaz, Arzoo and Aan?

THanks Swarapriya!
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 15 2011, 03:14 AM
Post #484

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Raagini (1958)

Anyway you look at it, 1958 was a banner year for OP. He had “Howrah Bridge”, “Phagun”, “Raagini”, “Sone Ki Chidiya”, and “12 O'Clock” all released that year. Each of the movies had some of the finest musical creations of OP. It was an awesome display of talent and creativity with OP scaling new heights with every new movie. At this juncture in his career, only Shankar & Jaikishan could compete closely with OP. But they were a duo. OP was a one man show.

Ashok Kumar, besides starring in the movie also produced it. It also starred Kishore, his younger brother, and Padmini, second of the three Travancore sisters. Later Ashok produced another movie, “Kalpana” in 1968 that also starred Padmini and her younger sister Ragini. It also had some of the finest music composed by OP.

One of the distinguishing features of this film is that OP used Rafi Saab for Kishore’s voice for one song. The song “Mann Mora Baawra” is a classic Rafi with a great musical composition by OP to fine lyrics of Jan Nisar Akhtar Saab. Of course, like any of the movies of OP, this album is dominated by Asha. There are 12 songs in this album with four solos by Asha and five duets (four with Kishoreda and one with Geetaji). Every song from this album became a huge hit. Thanks to its music, the movie also became a success.

The movie also features a song, a duet by Amanat Ali and Fateh Ali. Apparently, Fateh Ali Saab is none other than the father of the great qawwali and Sufi singer, late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. These include a couple of extended version songs. Here are the details of the songs in the first post of "Raagini (1958)" and the songs themselves...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post May 15 2011, 03:24 AM
Post #485

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Raagini (1958)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this OP's endearingly classic beauty...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post May 15 2011, 06:54 AM
Post #486

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(swarapriya @ May 15 2011, 07:44 AM) *

(Kishore) Raagini (1958)

The movie also features a song, a duet by Amanat Ali and Fateh Ali. Apparently, Fateh Ali Saab is none other than the father of the great qawwali and Sufi singer, late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan.

Hi Swarapriya

A small correction: there are two Fateh Ali Khan's. One - Nusrat's father - was a Qawwal from present day Faisalabad who passed away decades ago. The other Fateh Ali Khan, sang classical Jugulbandi's such as the one you've uploaded with his younger brother Amanat Ali Khan.

Fateh Ali Khan is still alive and in good health. He lives in my hometown Islamabad and I had the honour of spending an evening with him about 2 years back courtesy my fathers patronage of a musical society in Islamabad that often invites Ustad Sahab to musical evenings. Khan Saab sang a few classical pieces that evening and told us a few anecdotes. An interesting one relates to why his brother Amanat Ali Khan sang a handful of Ghazals such as Honton Pe Kabhi Unke Mera Naam and Aye Mere Pyare Watan Pak Watan. Apparently he met Mehdi Hassan at a party and couldn't tolerate his boasting about his Ghazal singing abilities and decided to teach him a lesson by singing in the form Mehdi Hassan was so acclaimed in. Fateh Ali tried unsuccessfully to dissuade his brother from singing in a form he considered beneath his stature. The two ghazals I mentioned are both eternal classics.

I can tell you, sitting less than a metre away from a great classical singer and hearing him sing makes your hair stand on end!

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post

67 Pages V « < 31 32 33 34 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 08:04 PM