Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Three Of A Kind

, Dev, Dilip & Kishore

67 Pages V « < 29 30 31 32 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three Of A Kind, Dev, Dilip & Kishore
swarapriya
post Mar 6 2011, 11:27 AM
Post #447

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Dev) Dev Anand in Goa (Alias Farar) (1955)

This movie has two names; "Dev Anand in Goa" and "Farar". In the movie Dev plays a freedom fighter whose name is Gora. Yet, producers decided to name this strange way. This movie once again paired Dev with the beautiful Geeta Bali. Geeta plays almost the same role of a night club dancer as in their earlier sensational effort "Baazi (1951)".

The standout of the movie is the songs Geeta Dutt sang for Geeta Bali. Geeta (Bali) & Geeta (Dutt), the combination that proved a dynamite in "Baazi" are here again. Geet Dutt displays some of the shades of her singing talent as she had an opportunity to sing different type of songs. She came through in an absolutely adorable fashion.

My only regret with these songs is that their quality could have been better. Overall they are not bad but the annoying noise in the songs almost ruins the goodness these songs have to offer. But noise or not, Geeta's voice is heartwarmingly melodious.

I am uploading an extended version of "Jee Bhar" along with the regular version. The extended version is preceded by nearly 55 minutes of music. Otherwise both songs have the same words in it.

Here are the songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Mar 7 2011, 10:04 AM
Post #448

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 335

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 31 2011, 02:30 PM) *

Concluding Songs from "Miss Mary (1957)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...

Swarapriya, feels great to be back and looking at your threads again! As usual, you are uploading great stuff in great quality. I found several songs I didn't have from some of the films you have uploaded now - Ferry, Baadbaan, etc.

A quibble and an addition in "Miss Mary" - 'sakhii rii sun bole' is, of course, a Lata-Asha duet and not a Lata solo - you might want to change the tags in your post. [Since you frequently spring some pleasant surprises in your posts, I downloaded it on the off chance that there *might* be a solo version I hadn't heard of! smile1.gif ]

There is another version of this song that was brought to light - IIRC - by Saksham a couple of years ago. The quality, unfortunately, is not as good as the quality of the version you have posted; I hope the relative rarity of the piece compensates for that!

The standard version has only one stanza; this version has an additional stanza (bairii aisii dhun me.n bole) but runs for the same time because it cuts down drastically on the 'harkat-s' at the beginning of the first stanza and some other improvisations. Both versions are beautiful!

The song is encoded in mp3 @ 128 kbps. Am not repeating all the other credits as they are already mentioned in detail in your post.

Thanks and warm regards,
Abhay
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 7 2011, 01:41 PM
Post #449

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(abhayp @ Mar 6 2011, 08:34 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jan 31 2011, 02:30 PM) *

Concluding Songs from "Miss Mary (1957)"...

Swarapriya, feels great to be back and looking at your threads again! As usual, you are uploading great stuff in great quality. I found several songs I didn't have from some of the films you have uploaded now - Ferry, Baadbaan, etc.

A quibble and an addition in "Miss Mary" - 'sakhii rii sun bole' is, of course, a Lata-Asha duet and not a Lata solo - you might want to change the tags in your post. [Since you frequently spring some pleasant surprises in your posts, I downloaded it on the off chance that there *might* be a solo version I hadn't heard of! smile1.gif ]

There is another version of this song that was brought to light - IIRC - by Saksham a couple of years ago. The quality, unfortunately, is not as good as the quality of the version you have posted; I hope the relative rarity of the piece compensates for that!

The standard version has only one stanza; this version has an additional stanza (bairii aisii dhun me.n bole) but runs for the same time because it cuts down drastically on the 'harkat-s' at the beginning of the first stanza and some other improvisations. Both versions are beautiful!

The song is encoded in mp3 @ 128 kbps. Am not repeating all the other credits as they are already mentioned in detail in your post.

Thanks and warm regards,
Abhay

Hello Abhay,

Welcome back.

Many thanks for your kind words. I did update the table for "Miss Mary" per your suggestion. In your absence, we missed your perceptive observations and thoughtful comments.

Also, thanks for the song to you and Saksham.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 15 2011, 11:49 PM
Post #450

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dilip) Gunga Jumna (1961)

In a book on Mehboob Khan, its author tells how "Gunga Jumna" movie came about. Mehboobji decided to remake his previous acclaimed work "Aurat (1941)." This was the movie "Mother India (1957)." Dilipji, who was a good friend of Mehboob Khan, collaborated with him by making suggestions on how the picture and some of its characters, especially that of Birju, should be developed. Dilipji was convinced that he will be playing that role. But Mehboob Saab had other plans. After casting Nargis as mother, he decided to offer the role of Birju to Sunil Dutt. Dilipji was stunned with this unexpected development that he was not ready for. But Mehboob Saab’s reasoning was that he couldn't imagine Dilip playing Nargis's son.

Dilipji was so upset with Mehboob Saab that he was not even in talking terms with him while "Mother India" was getting ready. Eventually “Mother India” was released and was both a commercial as well as artistic triumph for Mehboob Saab.

During this time Dilipji started looking to come up with a story that countered "Mother India." Finally he decided to write and develop himself the story of "Gunga Jumna". Next he decided to produce the movie himself. Because of this there are so many shades of similarities between "Mother India" and "Gunga Jumna." Both deal with injustices done to a family by a zamindar, both have two brothers one eventually becoming an outlaw and other who upholds law. When "Gunga Jumna" was released, it was also a huge commercial success. Instead of Dilipji running away with all the honors, it turned out that it was Vyjayanti Mala's performance that won critical acclaim. She won Filmfare's Best Actress performance for Dhanno's role. The movie's excellent photography also won a Filmfare award and so did the dialogue writer.

After many years, Yash Chopra made this same story (a mixture of "Mother India" and "Gunga Jumna") in a modern setting as "Deewar (1975)." This movie also has the similar theme, injustices done by a mill owner to its labor force, a devoted mother raising two sons one of whom turns out "bad" and the other becomes a police officer who upholds the law. This movie catapulted Amitabh Bachchan to undeniable stardom.

For this movie, Naushadji's music again is on the mark. All songs are from an original soundtrack album except the extended ones that were ripped from a DVD. I will upload all these songs in two back-to-back posts.

Here are the details of the songs and songs themselves in the first post...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Mar 15 2011, 11:59 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 15 2011, 11:57 PM
Post #451

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Gunga Jumna (1961)"...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 22 2011, 01:00 AM
Post #452

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Chalti ka Naam Gaadi (1958)

Songs from this breezy and beautiful album were recently uploaded in the "Three Reigning Queens" thread in this directory and are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...1503&st=602

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 28 2011, 02:24 AM
Post #453

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) House No. 44 (1955)

Here is yet another beauty from the combination of Dev-SD-Sahir. Incredible it may seem but this threesome association has produced some everlasting musical melodies. Continuing their success from their previous outings like "Baazi (1951)", "Jaal (1952)", and "Taxi Driver (1954)" they do it again in this movie. It has several lovely songs like both of the solos by Hemantda, "Chup Hai Dharti" and "Teri Duniya Mein" and one of my all time favorites of Lata, that melodious number "Phaili Hui Hai". Lata oozes so much sweetness into this song that you succumb helplessly to its lovely lyrics, rich composition, and emotionally romantic tinge in her singing. Pure sublimal divinity.

I am posting these songs in back-to-back three posts. The first two posts contain all the songs from the movie form an original soundtrack album. The third post contains some specials.

Now for the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 28 2011, 02:30 AM
Post #454

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing Songs from "House No. 44 (1955)"...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 28 2011, 02:37 AM
Post #455

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "House No. 44 (1955)"...

I am uploading several specials in this post, all have to with the song "Teri Duniya Mein". A special version of this song by the great ghazal singer Jagjit Singh is included here. It is taken from his album "Close to My Heart". Lata's version of the same song from her album "Lata's Shraddhanjali-1" is also posted. Finally, I am posting the same song but with humming by Asha preceding the song.

Here are these...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 4 2011, 03:08 AM
Post #456

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dilip) Leader (1964)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Muse & Music" thread in this directory. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...140&st=1530

The above postings don't include these additional songs posted below. Please note that the extended version song "Tere Husn" given below is the original song ending with dance music that I am including separately as well. If you download the extended version song, you don't need to download the music clip.

Apparently there is one more song, "Deewaana Banaane Waale Bata" by Lata & Rafi Saab that is still missing. Requesting members to share this song if they can. Thanks.

Here are these songs, all from a DVD source...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Apr 4 2011, 12:50 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Debopriyo
post Apr 4 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #457

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 76169

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 4 2011, 03:08 AM) *

(Dilip) Leader (1964)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Muse & Music" thread in this directory. They are available starting at the following location...

The above postings don't include these additional songs. Please note that the extended version song "Tere Husn" given below is the original song ending with dance music that I am including separately as well. If you download the extended version song, you don't need to download the music clip.

Apparently there is one more song, "Deewaana Banaane Waale Bata" by Lata & Rafi Saab that is still missing. Requesting members to share this song if they can. Thanks.

in earthmusic mentioned.. looking for this track

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
Reba McEntire
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 11 2011, 04:07 AM
Post #458

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Chandan (1958)

Here are the songs from this album, except for the one shown in red italics in the table below. If you can, please kindly share this song. Thanks...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Debopriyo
post Apr 11 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #459

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 76169

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 11 2011, 04:07 AM) *

(Kishore) Chandan (1958)

Here are the songs from this album, except for the one shown in red italics in the table below. If you can, please kindly share this song. Thanks...

Chaahe Laakh Zamaanaa Roke, Yeh Duniyaa Toke Asha Bhosle Rajinder Krishan - 2:59 - 122kbps

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
Reba McEntire
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 11 2011, 10:14 AM
Post #460

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Apr 10 2011, 08:23 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 11 2011, 04:07 AM) *

(Kishore) Chandan (1958)

Chaahe Laakh Zamaanaa Roke, Yeh Duniyaa Toke Asha Bhosle Rajinder Krishan - 2:59 - 122kbps

Thanks for the song, Debo. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post Apr 11 2011, 03:46 PM
Post #461

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Apr 4 2011, 10:14 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 4 2011, 03:08 AM) *

(Dilip) Leader (1964)

The above postings don't include these additional songs. Please note that the extended version song "Tere Husn" given below is the original song ending with dance music that I am including separately as well. If you download the extended version song, you don't need to download the music clip.

in earthmusic mentioned.. looking for this track

This is the first part of Daiya Re Daiya. Full song can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsvt1ikEC5M

Aditya

This post has been edited by Aditya Pant: Apr 11 2011, 03:47 PM

+Quote Post

67 Pages V « < 29 30 31 32 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 02:33 PM