Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Sahir & Shairi

, Films of Sahir Ludhianvi

19 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sahir & Shairi, Films of Sahir Ludhianvi
swarapriya
post Jan 27 2011, 02:43 PM
Post #168

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Thank you SJ Fan, for helping out with "Gumrah" uploads. Cheers. -S
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 31 2011, 01:53 PM
Post #169

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Dil Hi To Hai (1963)

Here is another Nutan-Raj Kapoor starrer. Except for "Anari (1959)" which was a super hit, none of the other movies starring them fared any better. Movies like "Kanhaiya (1959)" and "Chhalia (1960)" that preceded this didn't do that well. This movie also like the other two suffered the same fate and was a commercial failure. But like other movies, this movie also was a resounding success musically speaking. It is full of rich lyrics by Sahir Saab and some great compositions by Roshanji. Asha and Manna Dey dominated the proceedings along with able assist from Mukesh and Suman Kalyanpur. Manna's "Laaga Chunri Mein Daagh" is a perennial favorite. So is Asha's song "Nigaahen Milaane Ko".

There are altogether 10 songs in this album. Because of their lengths, I will upload them in two back to back posts. I am also uploading some extended version songs in post 3.

Now for a description of the songs and the songs themselves in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 31 2011, 02:00 PM
Post #170

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Dil Hi To Hai (1963)" Continued...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 31 2011, 02:08 PM
Post #171

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Dil Hi To Hai (1963)"...

Here are some of the extended version songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 8 2011, 02:28 AM
Post #172

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Mujhe Jeene Do (1963)

“Mujhe Jeene Do” is perhaps the most realistic dacoit movie ever made. Yes, there were several other movies on the subject made. For example, there is the idealized version of Raj Kapoor’s “Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai (1960)”. And there is a glamorized version of Ramesh Sippy’s “Sholay (1975)”. And countless others. But none was as realistic as “Mujhe Jeene Do”.

Sunil Dutt, who produced and acted in the movie, shot most of the movie in real locations in Madhya Pradesh (ravines of Bhind) which is a stronghold of dacoits. The story was inspired by the pacifist Vinoba Bhave who called for amnesty to all the dacoits who come and surrender to the law. It was brilliantly directed by Moni Bhattacharjee.

However change doesn’t come easy. For dacoits who were seeking an immediate salvation from the prior atrocities they committed and eventual rehabilitation they were seeking, the path was difficult to traverse. It is their travails of this travel the movie methodically charts in a sympathetic but realistic manner. Aside from the fine acting by the principals involved, Sunil got the Best Actor Award from Filmfare. The movie also was enriched by Jaidev’s brilliant musical score tuned to some of the finest lyrics written by Sahir Ludhianvi. There is beautifully sung patriotic song by Rafi Saab, “Ab Koi Gulshan Na Ujde”. Then songs like “Maang Mein”, "Moke Peehar Mein", and “Nadi Naare” by Asha have almost a hypnotic effect. Also Lata’s rendering of “Raat Bhi” and “Tere Bachpan” is simply mesmerizing.

I will upload these songs from the original soundtrack album in two back-to-back posts. Here is a description of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 8 2011, 02:37 AM
Post #173

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Mujhe Jeene Do (1963)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album including a special version of "Tere Bachpan". This song has an introduction by Lata and is taken from her album "Lata in Her Own Voice-2".

Now for the songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 18 2011, 12:51 PM
Post #174

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Taj Mahal (1963)

This award winning album from Roshan Saab is enriched with beautiful lyrics by Sahir Saab. I am uploading all of the songs from this album and several specials in back-to-back four posts. Here are the songs in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 18 2011, 12:57 PM
Post #175

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing Songs from "Taj Mahal (1963)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Feb 18 2011, 12:58 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 18 2011, 01:06 PM
Post #176

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Some Specials from "Taj Mahal (1963)"...

I am uploading below four specials from this film. There are a couple of versions of "Jo Vaada". One was recorded live by BBC in England. The other one is a live recording from a concert in Mumbai. I am also including an instrumental of this song. Finally, I am including a special version of "Paaon Chhoo" with Lata's commentary. This one is taken from her album "Lata in Her Own Voice-2".

Here are these songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 18 2011, 01:11 PM
Post #177

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Taj Mahal (1963)"...

I am uploading in this post a couple of extended version songs from this album. Here are these...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 26 2011, 03:36 AM
Post #178

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Chandi ki Deewar (1964)

Here is once again the combination of N. Dutta & Sahir giving an exquisite album. Every song in this album is a charming winner. Here are the songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 6 2011, 09:00 PM
Post #179

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Chitralekha (1964)

This is a real classic album from Roshan Saab with fine enriched lyrics penned by Sahirji. Some of the beautiful songs include three lovely solos by Lata ("Ae Ri Jaane", "Sakhi Re", and "Sansaar Se") and a classic by Rafi Saab ("Mann Re").

I am uploading songs from this album in three back-to-back posts. The first post contains all the songs from the film from an original soundtrack album. The second post contains some specials. Finally, the third post contains a couple of extended version songs.

Now for a description of the songs and the songs themselves from the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 6 2011, 09:15 PM
Post #180

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Chitralekha (1964)" Continued...

I am including in this post several specials. One of these is a Kishore's rendition of Rafi Saab's "Mann Re". The quality of this audio is poor and there seem to be not much orchestra to go with the song. That way, this rendition of Kishoreda singing Rafi Saab's song is disappointing. I am also including here Lata's version of the very same song. Because of the better quality of the audio and the full orchestra used, this song does justice to Rafi Saab's song. Also included is Lata's another version of the same song, this one is from her "Shraddhanjali" album. Finally, I am including an instrumental of this song by N.R. Kamath. It is done with a bamboo flute.

Here are these songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 6 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #181

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Chitralekha (1964)"...

I am including in this post a couple of extended versions of the songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 15 2011, 11:15 AM
Post #182

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Dooj Ka Chand (1964)

Whenever Roshan Ji and Sahir Saab got together they produced winners. Their collaboration in nine plus movies produced several musical gems. Songs from this album are no exception. I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all the songs from the film. The second post has several extended version songs.

Here are the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves. There is a song in this post where the Hemmady sisters, Suman and Shyama, sing together a song, "Jhaankti Hai Meri Aankhon Se" ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 03:21 AM