Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Three Of A Kind

, Dev, Dilip & Kishore

67 Pages V « < 27 28 29 30 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three Of A Kind, Dev, Dilip & Kishore
swarapriya
post Nov 16 2010, 11:55 PM
Post #418

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(nandi @ Nov 16 2010, 10:18 AM) *

Thanks for Pardes and many more that I have recently downloaded from your collection.
There are times when I download valuable songs from your postings and I feel I have stolen something from you and the Board.
nandi

Nandi. You've always been a pal. Don't need to feel guilty about downloading these songs. These songs are put in the open for sharing. That is my justification. Cheers. -S
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 25 2010, 06:03 AM
Post #419

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dilip) Yahudi (1958)

This period drama was directed by the great Bimal Roy. The story dealt with the persecution of Jews by the Romans some 2,000 years back. In this film, there are some beautiful songs composed by Shankar & Jaikishan.

Geetaji makes a rare appearance for S&J. She sings here the duet “Bechain Dil Khoi Si Nazar” with Lata. In the movie, the song was filmed on Cuckoo and Helen.

Interestingly, this very same year Bimalda's "Madhumati" was released and swept almost all of the Filmfare Awards. However, Shailendra (who also wrote all of the songs for “Madhumati”) won the Award for Best Lyrics for the song "Yeh Mera Deewaanaapan" from "Yahudi".

Here are all the songs from an original soundtrack album including an extended version of "Meri Jaan Meri Jaan"...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 25 2010, 06:16 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 8 2010, 12:40 AM
Post #420

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Bandi (1957)

Here are the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 18 2010, 03:50 AM
Post #421

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Rahi (1953)

This K.A.Abbas-directed movie has several fine numbers by Anilda. Only problem is that most of them have the annoying hissy noise associated with them. I tried to clean them but the original sources were so bad that if there was any improvement it is hardly noticeable, at least in some songs. I am also including a couple of extended versions of the songs here. Their quality is really terrible. Please download them at your own risk. I am including here only for completeness sake.

Here are the songs...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Dec 18 2010, 03:54 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 31 2010, 06:38 AM
Post #422

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dilip) Paigham (1959)

Here is a beautiful album from C. Ramchandra. This time he is working with Kavi Pardeepji. Two of their earlier collaborations, "Nastik (1955)" and "Talaq (1958)", resulted in hit music with several melodiously beautiful numbers. This album also has several winners.

I am uploading all songs from an original soundtrack album in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 31 2010, 06:40 AM
Post #423

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Paigham (1959)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Dec 31 2010, 06:47 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ShankarJaikishanFan
post Dec 31 2010, 09:58 AM
Post #424

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 180961

Could someone re-upload Boot Polish?
+Quote Post
ShankarJaikishanFan
post Dec 31 2010, 09:58 AM
Post #425

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 180961

Could someone re-upload Boot Polish?
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 8 2011, 02:29 AM
Post #426

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Begunah (1957)

This movie when it was released it was a runaway hit. It was a carbon copy of late great Danny Kaye's Hollywood film "A Knock On The Wood", a 1954 comedy hit. The movie was an ideal vehicle for Kishoreda to show off his talents. He came through in flying colors with many of his zany antics helping with the success of the film. The producers of the Hindi film were sued by Paramount Studios, distributors of the English film. Paramount won the case. “Begunah” immediately was withdrawn from the theatres. No DVD was ever released. Apparently several bootleg copies of the film exist.

The film also was helped by the music of Shankar & Jaikishan. Most of the songs became popular, especially the solo by Mukesh, “Aye Pyaase Dil Bezubaan”. Incidentally, this song was picturized in the film on Jaikishan.

Here are the songs…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 17 2011, 01:56 PM
Post #427

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Baadbaan (1954)

Shakti Samanta, who went on to make several fine movies like "Aradhana", ""Kati Patang", "Amar Prem", and others to his credit, co-wrote the screenplay and dialogue for this film. There are several fine songs in this album with the twin song "Kaise Koi" taking the top honors. I am also including here Lata's private version of the same song. It appears like I may be missing the song shown in red italics shown in the table below. If indeed this is the case, please kindly share. Thank you.

Here are the songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 25 2011, 11:41 AM
Post #428

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dilip) Kohinoor (1960)

"Kohinoor" may not be a gem but is another one of those movies that exploited Dilipji's talents to a maximum. One of our most gifted actors, here he transforms from a comedian to a romantic hero to a tragedy king very effortlessly. For his portrayal he won the best actor Filmfare award.

There is one "mirror" sequence in this movie between Dilip Saab and Jeevan that is very hilarious. This was a direct lift from the famous Marx Brothers' movie called "Duck Soup" made in 1933. Groucho was in that mirror sequence. Many years later, in 1955, Harpo Marx (brother of Groucho) reenacted the same mirror scene on the Lucille Ball TV show bringing down the house with laughter. By the way, in Amitabh's "Mard (1985)" a similar sequence was shot between Amitabh and Prem Chopra.

"Kohinoor" was a commercially successful movie and the music played a major part in that success. Naushadji displayed his versatility as a music composer with a classical song like "Madhuban Mein" on one hand and a beautiful romantic duet like "Do Sitaaron" on another hand and several other beautiful songs in between.

I am uploading all songs in three back-to-back posts. Songs in the first two posts are from an original soundtrack album. The third post contains several extended versions. These are all from a DVD. I cleaned up the noise on all songs from the DVD version and I think they turned out pretty good. However, still some may find the quality is not in par with the original soundtrack songs.

Now for details of the songs and songs themselves in the first post...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jan 27 2011, 02:51 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 25 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #429

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing Songs from "Kohinoor (1960)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 25 2011, 11:56 AM
Post #430

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Kohinoor (1960)"...

Following are some of the extended version songs from this beautiful album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 31 2011, 02:24 PM
Post #431

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Miss Mary (1957)

This was one great comedy with lots and lots of songs, but all just beautiful to listen to. L.V. Prasad directed this movie for AVM Studios. It was originally made in Telugu as "Missamma (1955)" and the same year they also made it in Tamil as “Missiamma”. Both were huge hits. The story was taken from a Bengali novel by Yotish Banerjee called "Manmoyee Girls School".

Guru Dutt originally wanted to make this film in Hindi. Abrar Alvi, a friend of Guru, tells that he and Guru travelled to Hyderabad to see the Telugu version of the movie. But circumstances led them to meet instead Waheeda Rehman whom Guru Dutt invited to come to Bombay and work with him. Alvi Saab says that they did manage to see "Missamma" and Guru didn't like the movie that much for him to consider making it in Hindi. Both Telugu and Tamil versions were made by Vijaya Productions (the production company that later became famous with Hindi hits like "Ram Aur Shyam (1967)" and "Julie (1975)") and were director by L.V. Prasad.

Hemant Kumar who gave music to the film was so impressed with songs in the film versions in Telugu and Tamil that he decided to borrow one tune. "Brindaban Ki Krishna Kanhaiya" is identical the tune from the Telugu film.

I am uploading songs of "Miss Mary" from an original soundtrack album in two back-to-back posts. Here is a description of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jan 31 2011, 02:30 PM
Post #432

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Miss Mary (1957)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

67 Pages V « < 27 28 29 30 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 02:09 PM