Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Three Reigning Queens

, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis

64 Pages V « < 44 45 46 47 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Three Reigning Queens, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis
swarapriya
post Nov 20 2010, 02:46 AM
Post #665

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(aryanraj @ Nov 19 2010, 02:26 AM) *

Please upload

Chandni Chowk 1954

thnx in advance. biggrin.gif

AR, songs follow in the next two posts. Cheers. -S
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 20 2010, 02:55 AM
Post #666

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Meena) Chandni Chowk (1954)

Here is a beautiful album from Roshan Saab. I am posting these on request in two back-to-back posts.

The first set of songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 20 2010, 03:07 AM
Post #667

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Chandni Chowk (1954)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
yogihit
post Nov 22 2010, 12:52 PM
Post #668

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 45555

SP, Faraaj, romesh ji
thanks a lot for uploading rare albums smile1.gif

Regards,
Yogi

An open source Person
+Quote Post
yogihit
post Nov 22 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #669

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 16 2009, 11:34 PM) *

(Nargis) Early Albums

I am missing the following early albums of Nargis. I am requesting members to share songs from anyone of these albums. Thanks.

Here is the list ...

Talash-E-Haq (1939) – Baby Raani (Nargis) – Music: Jaddanbai

Tamanna (1942) – Leela Desai, Nargis, Suraiya & Jairaj – Music: K.C. Dey

Bisvi Sadi (1945) – Nargis, Ashalata, Bhudo Advani & Motilal – Music: Pannalal Ghosh

Nargis (1946) – Nargis

Mehndi (1947) – Nargis

Romeo and Juliet (1947) - Nargis

Anjuman (1948) – Nargis, Neelam, Jairaj & Anwar Hussain – Music: Bulo C. Rani

Roomal (1949) – Nargis, Jairaj & Jeevan – Music: Aziz Khan

SP,
from above list if you have any album(s) Please upload other wise kindly reupload

(Nargis) Taqdeer (1943)

Regards,
Yogi

An open source Person
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 24 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #670

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(yogihit @ Nov 21 2010, 11:29 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 16 2009, 11:34 PM) *

(Nargis) Early Albums

I am missing the following early albums of Nargis. I am requesting members to share songs from anyone of these albums. Thanks.

Here is the list ...

Talash-E-Haq (1939) – Baby Raani (Nargis) – Music: Jaddanbai

Tamanna (1942) – Leela Desai, Nargis, Suraiya & Jairaj – Music: K.C. Dey

Bisvi Sadi (1945) – Nargis, Ashalata, Bhudo Advani & Motilal – Music: Pannalal Ghosh

Nargis (1946) – Nargis

Mehndi (1947) – Nargis

Romeo and Juliet (1947) - Nargis

Anjuman (1948) – Nargis, Neelam, Jairaj & Anwar Hussain – Music: Bulo C. Rani

Roomal (1949) – Nargis, Jairaj & Jeevan – Music: Aziz Khan

SP,
from above list if you have any album(s) Please upload other wise kindly reupload

(Nargis) Taqdeer (1943)

Yogi, I will have to come back with an answer on these. I think I do have some of the albums. I will check them. Please give me a day or two. Thanks & cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 25 2010, 07:13 AM
Post #671

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Nargis) Jagte Raho (1956)

“Jagte Raho” is one of the brilliant movies ever to adorn the Indian cinema. It probably ranks high up there with Guru Dutt’s classic “Pyaasa”. Yet neither could earn even a single award nationally. But both movies received significant recognition in later years. Indian audience took notice of “Jagte Raho” only after it won the Grand Prix Award at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival.

“Jagte Raho” was made in Bengali and Hindi simultaneously. The Bengali version was called “Ek Din Raatre”. The closed nature of the city and indifference of its people that form the theme for the movie gives Raj Kapoor another chance to give a mesmerizingly stunning performance.

The debutant director duo Amit Moitra and Shombhu Mitra also were responsible for the story and the screenplay of the film. The story goes that Raj has invited the actor Shombhu to co-direct this movie with Amit. Shombhu directed only another movie later in Bengali in 1959, “Subha Bibaha”. I am not sure what Amit has done after this movie. One thing is for sure, neither one directed another Hindi movie. K.A. Abbas, who authored “Shree 420” earlier for Raj, wrote the dialogues for this film.

The movie boasts several good performances by many of the supporting actors. But the most brilliant one was by the venerable Motilal. As a drunk he gives one of the most memorable performances ever to hit the Indian screen. The song he sings on the screen, “Zindagi Khwaab Hai”, was done by Mukesh. Interestingly, Motilal was the one who brought Mukesh to Bombay when he heard him sing at his sister’s wedding.

Shankar & Jaikishan, who were regulars with Raj’s movies, did not compose music for this movie. Instead the honors went to Salil Chowdhury. Salil da takes the opportunity to compose some beautiful tunes. Apart from “Zindagi” the other numbers that are worth their weight in gold are the bhangra song “Main Koi Jhoot Boliya” and the beautiful “Jaago Mohan Pyaare” by Lataji. Incidentally, the piece of music composed at the end of the movie was later used by Salil da for Bimal Roy’s “Madhumati (1958)” in the song “Aaja Re Pardesi” at the suggestion of the lyricist Shailendra. Bimalda was initially reluctant to this idea but Salil da won him over.

Nargis makes a cameo appearance in this movie near the end. This was the sixteenth and the last time Nargis and Raj Kapoor were in a movie together. Nargis parted her ways with Raj and married Sunil Dutt whom she met when she was working with him in “Mother India” the previous year.

I am uploading below all the songs from the movie in three back-to-back posts. The first post contains all the songs from the film. The second post contains some instrumentals. The third post contains some of the extended versions of the songs. Some of these songs came from a CD and others from a DVD including the extended versions. One or two songs may have come from other sources such as this Forum.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves …

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 25 2010, 07:20 AM
Post #672

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Continuing Songs from "Jagte Raho (1956)"...

Here are a couple of instrumentals...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 25 2010, 07:22 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 25 2010, 07:26 AM
Post #673

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Jagte Raho (1956)"...

Here are a couple of extended version songs from this fine album...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Nov 25 2010, 07:28 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
romesh
post Nov 25 2010, 07:52 AM
Post #674

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58160

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 25 2010, 07:13 AM) *

(Nargis) Jagte Raho (1956)

“Jagte Raho” is one of the brilliant movies ever to adorn the Indian cinema. It probably ranks high up there with Guru Dutt’s classic “Pyaasa”. Yet neither could earn even a single award nationally. But both movies received significant recognition in later years. Indian audience took notice of “Jagte Raho” only after it won the Grand Prix Award at the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival.

“Jagte Raho” was made in Bengali and Hindi simultaneously. The Bengali version was called “Ek Din Raatre”. The closed nature of the city and indifference of its people that form the theme for the movie gives Raj Kapoor another chance to give a mesmerizingly stunning performance.

The debutant director duo Amit Moitra and Shombhu Mitra also were responsible for the story and the screenplay of the film. The story goes that Raj has invited the actor Shombhu to co-direct this movie with Amit. Shombhu directed only another movie later in Bengali in 1959, “Subha Bibaha”. I am not sure what Amit has done after this movie. One thing is for sure, neither one directed another Hindi movie. K.A. Abbas, who authored “Shree 420” earlier for Raj, wrote the dialogues for this film.

The movie boasts several good performances by many of the supporting actors. But the most brilliant one was by the venerable Motilal. As a drunk he gives one of the most memorable performances ever to hit the Indian screen. The song he sings on the screen, “Zindagi Khwaab Hai”, was done by Mukesh. Interestingly, Motilal was the one who brought Mukesh to Bombay when he heard him sing at his sister’s wedding.

Shankar & Jaikishan, who were regulars with Raj’s movies, did not compose music for this movie. Instead the honors went to Salil Chowdhury. Salil da takes the opportunity to compose some beautiful tunes. Apart from “Zindagi” the other numbers that are worth their weight in gold are the bhangra song “Main Koi Jhoot Boliya” and the beautiful “Jaago Mohan Pyaare” by Lataji. Incidentally, the piece of music composed at the end of the movie was later used by Salil da for Bimal Roy’s “Madhumati (1958)” in the song “Aaja Re Pardesi” at the suggestion of the lyricist Shailendra. Bimalda was initially reluctant to this idea but Salil da won him over.

Nargis makes a cameo appearance in this movie near the end. This was the sixteenth and the last time Nargis and Raj Kapoor were in a movie together. Nargis parted her ways with Raj and married Sunil Dutt whom she met when she was working with him in “Mother India” the previous year.

I am uploading below all the songs from the movie in three back-to-back posts. The first post contains all the songs from the film. The second post contains some instrumentals. The third post contains some of the extended versions of the songs. Some of these songs came from a CD and others from a DVD including the extended versions. One or two songs may have come from other sources such as this Forum.

Now for details of the songs and the songs themselves …

This post has been edited by romesh: Nov 25 2010, 07:58 AM
+Quote Post
romesh
post Nov 25 2010, 07:55 AM
Post #675

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58160

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 25 2010, 07:26 AM) *

Concluding Songs from "Jagte Raho (1956)"...

Here are a couple of extended version songs from this fine album...

This post has been edited by romesh: Nov 25 2010, 07:58 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 25 2010, 10:42 PM
Post #676

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Nargis) Early Albums

Yogi, here is the situation about the availability of the songs from the following movies...

Talash-E-Haq (1939) – Baby Raani (Nargis) – Music: Jaddanbai - NO
Tamanna (1942) – Leela Desai, Nargis, Suraiya & Jairaj – Music: K.C. Dey - NO
- NO
Nargis (1946) – Nargis - Two songs
Mehndi (1947) – Nargis - NO

Romeo and Juliet (1947) - Nargis - One song
Anjuman (1948) – Nargis, Neelam, Jairaj & Anwar Hussain – Music: Bulo C. Rani - Yes

Roomal (1949) – Nargis, Jairaj & Jeevan – Music: Aziz Khan - Yes
Taqdeer (1943) - Yes

I am a bit busy but I will upload the ones I have as the time permits. I am appealing our members to share the missing albums if they can. Thank you.

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 30 2010, 07:23 AM
Post #677

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Nargis (1946)

I am uploading two songs I have from this album. Both are by the courtesy of our fellow member Faraaj. Thank you very much Faraaj. I am requesting our members to upload whatever the remaining songs are. Thank you.

The two songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Dec 6 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #678

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Nargis) Anjuman (1948)

I am uploading these songs on request. These were originally contributed by our fellow members Kadri420 and Mirsaji. Thank you. Most of these songs have background hiss and their quality is kind of iffy.

Now for the songs...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Dec 9 2010, 01:46 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
yogihit
post Dec 8 2010, 06:13 PM
Post #679

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

thanks a lot SP smile1.gif

Regards,
Yogi

An open source Person
+Quote Post

64 Pages V « < 44 45 46 47 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 05:53 PM