Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Three Reigning Queens

, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis

64 Pages V « < 30 31 32 33 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Three Reigning Queens, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis
swarapriya
post Mar 25 2010, 10:03 AM
Post #463

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(akbaralibhai @ Mar 23 2010, 08:44 PM) *

Thank you very much Swarapriya for this wonderful album, great songs.

Sure thing Akbaralibhai. Cheers. -S
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 28 2010, 10:12 AM
Post #464

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Meena) Adl-E-Jahangir (1955)

Here is a fine album by the music director duo of Husnlal & Bhagatram. I am uploading all of the songs from this album in back-to-back two posts. Songs in the first post were all due to the Forum member Kadriji (kadri420). Thank you very much Kadriji. The second post contains songs from CDs and contributions from other Forum members.

Now fior the first set of songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Mar 28 2010, 10:19 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 28 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #465

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs of "Adl-E-Jahangir (1955)" ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Bhavita
post Mar 28 2010, 01:28 PM
Post #466

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 103114

I had promised myself to traverse and meander this post some time ago. Unfortunatey I could not, for a long time. Today, I have done so - page by page, drinking in like a very thirsty person every bit of what you have researched and posted here.

Thank you for for this journey

Best regards
Bhavita

This post has been edited by Bhavita: Mar 28 2010, 04:14 PM

Joy, sorrow, tears, lamentation, laughter — to all these music gives voice, but in such a way that we are transported from the world of unrest to a world of peace, and see reality in a new way, as if we were sitting by a mountain lake and contemplating hills and woods and clouds in the tranquil and fathomless water.

- Albert Schweitzer

Without music life would be a mistake
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Where words fail, music speaks
- Hans Christian Anderson

Music is spiritual. The music business is not
- Van Morrison
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 28 2010, 11:09 PM
Post #467

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bhavita @ Mar 28 2010, 12:58 AM) *

I had promised myself to traverse and meander this post some time ago. Unfortunatey I could not, for a long time. Today, I have done so - page by page, drinking in like a very thirsty person every bit of what you have researched and posted here.

Thank you for for this journey

Best regards
Bhavita

Bhavita,

Thank you very much for your kind appreciation.

You have a quote by Hans Christian Anderson as your signature that says "When words fail, music speaks". In your case, Bhavita, your words also speak, and that too very eloquently.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 1 2010, 02:14 AM
Post #468

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Nargis) Pyaar Ki Baatein (1951)

Interestingly in this movie, Nargis, who was romantically involved with Raj Kapoor, was acting opposite Trilok Kapoor, Raj Kapoor's uncle and Prithviraj Kapoor's brother. There are only eight songs in this movie, but it has four music directors and four lyricists.

Geetaji and Mukesh sang only few songs together. But in this movie there are two nice duets of them.
Especially the song "Mast Chaandni" is a delight. It is hard to tell that the song "Humein Chhod Ke" is by Asha. She sounds so differetnly, but I suppose this may be because it was way back in 1951 ...

Most of these songs were contributed by the members of this Forum. Thank you. Now for the songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Apr 2 2010, 03:07 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post Apr 1 2010, 08:21 AM
Post #469

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Apr 1 2010, 02:14 AM) *

(Nargis) Pyaar Ki Baatein (1951)

Interestingly in this movie, Nargis, who was romantically involved with Raj Kapoor, was acting opposite Trilok Kapoor, Raj Kapoor's uncle and Prithviraj Kapoor's brother. There are only eight songs in this movie, but it has four music directors and four lyricists.

Geetaji and Mukesh sang only few songs together. But in this movie there are two nice duets of them.
Especially the song "Mast Chaandni" is a delight. It is hard to tell that the song "Humein Chhod Ke" is by Asha. She sounds so differetnly, but I suppose this may be because it was way back in 1951 ...

Most of these songs were contributed by the members of this Forum. Thank you. Now for the songs ...

SP,

There are 11 songs in the film. The 3 missing songs are:

- Dil Ka Pehle Pehel Chot Khana - Geeta
- Ik Roz Soye ... Zara Sambhal Sambhal Ke - Geeta, Siddiqui
- Ik Haseeno Se Tu Zara Bach Ke Rehna - Chunni Lal

Requesting HF members to upload these songs.

Also, some credits need to be changed in your Table. However, we will need someone with HFGK to confirm as I'm not sure:

- Composer of Ab Khan Jayen should be Khayyam (as Sharmaji)
- Lyricist of Mast Chadni is Manohar Khanna
- I always thought the composer of Aansoo Bahao Tum was Bulo C. Rani. Can someone confirm if it was indeed Mukesh?

Aditya

+Quote Post
lakshmi
post Apr 1 2010, 06:17 PM
Post #470

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6864

- Dil Ka Pehle Pehel Chot Khana - Geeta - 2:48/128 courtesy HF

+Quote Post
Exon
post Apr 1 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #471

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

QUOTE(lakshmi @ Apr 1 2010, 06:17 PM) *

Lakshmi,

Thanks for this song.

Aditya,

A few weeks back, this movie's music was discussed in the forum. Three MDs were credited in this movie, Sharmaji (Khayyam), BCR, and Bhola Shreshta. I don't think, individual songs were assigned to each MD. It is believed, 'mast chaandni' and 'aansoo bahaao' were composed by BCR.

Exon
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 2 2010, 03:06 AM
Post #472

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(lakshmi @ Apr 1 2010, 05:47 AM) *

Thank you very much for the song Lakshmi. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 2 2010, 03:08 AM
Post #473

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Mar 31 2010, 07:51 PM) *

SP,

- Dil Ka Pehle Pehel Chot Khana - Geeta
- Ik Roz Soye ... Zara Sambhal Sambhal Ke - Geeta, Siddiqui
- Ik Haseeno Se Tu Zara Bach Ke Rehna - Chunni Lal

Requesting HF members to upload these songs.

Also, some credits need to be changed in your Table. However, we will need someone with HFGK to confirm as I'm not sure:

- Composer of Ab Khan Jayen should be Khayyam (as Sharmaji)
- Lyricist of Mast Chadni is Manohar Khanna
- I always thought the composer of Aansoo Bahao Tum was Bulo C. Rani. Can someone confirm if it was indeed Mukesh?

Aditya

Aditya, I've updated the table to reflect yours and Exon's suggestions. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 7 2010, 03:35 AM
Post #474

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Madhubala) Bahut Din Hue (1954)

S.S. Vasan (see the attached picture) was a master showman in every sense of the word. He was a writer, a journalist, a magazine publisher, a movie producer, a director, and a studio owner. From modest beginnings Vasan rose to fame and fortune by sheer perseverance and bold vision.

He entered into film business when one of his stories was made into a movie and became a huge hit. He founded Gemini Studios when he was still very young and started making movies in Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi. It was his 1948 film Chandralekha made in Tamil on an unprecedented scale with lavish production values and spectacular sets that took him to the top. The movie was dubbed into Telugu and Hindi and in both languages it became an enormous hit.

His “Bahut Din Huye” made in 1954 was based on a 1942 Telugu hit named “Bala Nagamma” that was made by Vasan. Madhubala was the leading lady of the Hindi version. It also starred a relatively newcomer named Savitri, who was coming off two massive hits in Telugu in 1953 in “Devadasu” and “Bratuku Teruvu”, in a supporting role.

Madhubala became seriously ill during the shooting of the movie. She apparently coughed blood on the sets. It was Vasan and his wife who kept her illness a secret and groomed her back to good health by taking her as their guest. Madhubala never forgot this favor by Vasan. When Gemini’s “Insaniyat” was released in 1955 starring Dilip and Dev Anand, even though her health was frail, Madhubala went to Madras to attend its premiere to show her appreciation.

This movie was made in Telugu and Tamil several times. It all started with the 1942 version. Then there was another Telugu version in 1959. It was remade in Tamil in 1981. The 1981 version was dubbed into Telugu and Hindi. The 1981 Hindi version was called “Jaadu Nagri”. A Kannada version was also released in 1966.

I have some of the songs from these various versions that I will upload here after I am done with the Hindi version songs.

There is some controversy about who the actual music directors were for this movie. Various sources give different name combinations. I have used EarthMusic to assign the credits which may or may not be correct.

I am posting these songs in back-to-back two posts. Here is the first set ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 7 2010, 03:42 AM
Post #475

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs of "Bahut Din Hue (1954)" ...

Below are the rest of the songs from this movie. Unfortunately I do not have singer assignments. I am requesting the Forum members to help with this. Thank you.

Now for the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 7 2010, 03:55 AM
Post #476

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Bala Nagamma (1942) - A Telugu Movie

This 1942 super hit movie was the basis for "Bahut Din Huye" made in 1954. The title role was played by Kanchana Mala who apparently was absolutely brilliant. Govindarajula Subba Rao, who was only one film old, played the sorcerer to perfection. I read some place that when the sorcerer kidnaps Bala Nagamma and brings to his caves, his sinister laugh echoed through the caves got Kanchana Mala so scared that she actually fainted.

Kanchanamala had a fallout during its production with Vasan, the producer of the movie. She never acted for him again. It also turned out to be her last film.

The role of the vamp was played by Pushpavalli. She was the mother of the actress Rekha. I have just one song from this movie that I am uploading here. It was sung by Pushpavalli. This song is sensational even by today's standards.

Here is the only song I have from this movie ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 7 2010, 04:11 AM
Post #477

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Bala Nagamma (1959) - A Telugu Film

Here is another version of "Bala Nagamma". This was made in 1959 but enjoyed only a limited success. In this Anjali played the title role. Raja Sulochana was the vamp. The sorcerer was played by Ranga Rao.

These songs all came from a DVD. Unfortunately I do not have credits for the singers for some of the songs. If someone knows this information, please kindly share. Thanks.

Here are the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

64 Pages V « < 30 31 32 33 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 07:35 PM