Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Muse & Music

, Music of the Golden Age

182 Pages V « < 30 31 32 33 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Muse & Music, Music of the Golden Age
swarapriya
post Sep 17 2009, 02:43 AM
Post #459

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Sharmila) Dil Aur Mohabbat (1968)

Here is another superb album by the great OP. Asha sang five out of six songs in this album; three solos and two duets. "Haath Aaya Hai Jab Se" is a standout of this album and is one of my favorite duets. Here is this and the rest of the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 18 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #460

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Vyjayanti) Pehli Jhalak (1955)

Here is a beautiful musical by C. Ramchandra with Vyjayanti Mala and Kishore teaming up again. Interestingly Kishore had only a solo but the album is dominated by Lata. I will upload these songs in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set of songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Sep 18 2009, 05:33 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 18 2009, 12:23 AM
Post #461

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Pehli Jhalak (1955)" Continued ...

Here are three extended version songs from ths fine album. These are from a DVD and one or two of them may have been contributed by the Forum members. My many thanks.

Here are the songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Sangeet
post Sep 18 2009, 04:56 AM
Post #462

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6366

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 18 2009, 12:15 AM) *

Is that a Typo in your post SP? I was so excited to get Kishoreda's Charandas song in CDQ but these are from DVD. The comment says it is from Fmw11. If that is the caseit is from DVD, it is the same version I shared in a site called DB from where Fmw11 people have reused it.

If someone has longer version of this song in CDQ plz share.

Sangeet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obscure Albums of 60s/70s/80s/90s
Random Obscure Tracks from 70s-90s
Kavita K - Down The Years
Need Info
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 18 2009, 05:31 AM
Post #463

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sangeet @ Sep 17 2009, 04:26 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 18 2009, 12:15 AM) *

Is that a Typo in your post SP? I was so excited to get Kishoreda's Charandas song in CDQ but these are from DVD. The comment says it is from Fmw11. If that is the caseit is from DVD, it is the same version I shared in a site called DB from where Fmw11 people have reused it.

If someone has longer version of this song in CDQ plz share.

I may have made a mistake, Sangeet. I do have a CD of this movie, but may not have all the songs listed. If you were the original contributor of this song, my thanks to you. Anyways, sorry for the confusion. I will post the correction. Thanks. -S

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Sep 18 2009, 05:36 AM
+Quote Post
Sangeet
post Sep 18 2009, 04:57 PM
Post #464

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6366

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 18 2009, 05:31 AM) *

I may have made a mistake, Sangeet. I do have a CD of this movie, but may not have all the songs listed. If you were the original contributor of this song, my thanks to you. Anyways, sorry for the confusion. I will post the correction. Thanks. -S

Can you check if you have the Charandas song in the CD. I have been looking for CDQ or vinyl version of this song for a while.

Sangeet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obscure Albums of 60s/70s/80s/90s
Random Obscure Tracks from 70s-90s
Kavita K - Down The Years
Need Info
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 18 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #465

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sangeet @ Sep 18 2009, 04:27 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 18 2009, 05:31 AM) *

Can you check if you have the Charandas song in the CD. I have been looking for CDQ or vinyl version of this song for a while.

Ye, I will. This will take some time. You see, I have converted almost all of my CDs (believe me, this number is very very huge) to MP3 and saved them on the computer because storing them or finding songs was becoming a huge problem for me. I stashed all CDs away. I have to dig deep to find where this particular CD is. So, please bear with me. Thanks.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 18 2009, 09:31 PM
Post #466

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Waheeda) Ek Phool Char Kante (1960)

Here is a beauty from Shankar & Jaikishan. David Dhawan, who is notorious in making hit movies based on films from other languages, did copy this movie in his 2000 version of "Dulhan Hum Lejayenge" which starred Karishma Kapoor and Salman Khan. Only difference was that Karishma had only three uncles whereas Waheeda (ek phool) had four uncles (char kante).

The movie "Ek Phool" was a comedy and boasted some very beautiful songs. It had Mukesh's chartbuster, "Matwaali Naar", one of my favorites. It has a duet by Lata & Talat that is uncharacteristically for Talat, sung in a very racy style. But that song "Dil Aye Dil" still is very entertaining. There are two rock n roll songs in English by Iqbal Singh. I believe these two are different. They are also a delight.

By the way, inspired by Sunil Dutt's performance as a prince singing "Matwaali" (see the picture below), F.C. Mehra cast him in "Amrapali" which boasted ravishing Vyjayanti Mala and some great songs by Lata.

Because of the number of songs in this album, I am uploading them in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 18 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #467

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Ek Phool Char Kante (1960)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this beautiful album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
coolkee
post Sep 19 2009, 12:16 AM
Post #468

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30564

Thanks you so much Swarapriya

Coolkee
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 19 2009, 01:39 AM
Post #469

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(coolkee @ Sep 18 2009, 11:46 AM) *

Thanks you so much Swarapriya

Coolkee

You're very welcome. Aren't the songs of this album simply cool? Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 20 2009, 01:01 AM
Post #470

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Zeenat) Manoranjan (1974)

This movie was a direct lift from the famous Hollywood director Billy Wider's film Oscar winning "Irma la Douce" starring Shirley MacLaine, Jack Lemmon, and Lou Jacobi. In the Hindi film, these roles were enacted respecively by Zeenat Aman, Sanjeev Kumar, and Shammi Kapoor. Shammi also directed the movie, his first directorial venture. In the English version, great Jack Lemmon was absolutely wonderful in his role. Sanjeev Kumar's acting in this type of role was a bit of a let down.

One of the bright things of the Hindi version was R.D. Burman's music. He composed some beautiful songs for the movie, the best being Asha's solo "Chori Chori". This song merits to be one of her top.

I am also including another version of "Goyake Chuanche" song. This one was sung by Asha and Sudesh Bhosle. It is from the album "Asha Reveals Real R.D. Burman (Disc 1)". In the actual movie this song was performed by Lata, Kishore, and Manna Dey.

Here is the beauty "Chori Chori" and other songs from this film ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Sep 20 2009, 10:20 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 20 2009, 11:14 PM
Post #471

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Asha) Gharana (1961)

Here is a hit movie based on the Telugu hit "Shanti Nivasam (1960)". The movie is about a dominating matriarch and a suffering daughter-in-law who is also ill treated by her hopeless husband who suspects that his own younger brother is having an illicit relationship with his wife. Several years ago when I saw both versions of this movie, I liked them. However, I have a different perspective on life in general and people in particular that has changed my views on many things, for right or wrong. Even though there are millions of people that exist in our society like those potrayed in this movie today, I no longer can swallow its premise ...

As for the music of the Hindi version, it is a beauty from Ravi. He followed this with his spectacular success of "Chaudhvin Ka Chand" the previous year. For his efforts, this time, he grabbed the best music director award from Filmfare. The song "Husnwaale" is an absolute delight the way only Rafi Saab can sing it. For its rich lyrics, Shakeel Badayuni, received the best lyricist award from Filmfare.

I will also upload the songs from the Telugu movie in this section right after this. The songs of Hindi version will be uploaded in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Sep 26 2009, 11:25 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 20 2009, 11:23 PM
Post #472

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Gharana (1961)" Continued ...

Here are the rest of the songs from this Ravi's award winning musical ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 20 2009, 11:39 PM
Post #473

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Shanti Nivasam (1960) - A Telugu Movie

This movie was the basis of Hindi "Gharana (1961). In the matriarch's role, actress Surya Kantam was absolutely fantastic. Most songs from the movie were copies of some hit Hindi tunes. But one song, an original, "Kalanaina Nee Valape", by Leela is a standout of this album. This is one of those songs that is no matter how many times you listen to it, you never get tired of it. Here is this and other songs from this movie ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Sep 20 2009, 11:45 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

182 Pages V « < 30 31 32 33 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 02:55 AM