Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Three Reigning Queens

, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis

64 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Three Reigning Queens, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis
Devje
post Sep 8 2009, 10:04 PM
Post #181

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 15463

Devji,

Haven't heard from you in ages. It is good to hear from you. And thank you so much for the song. Keep well.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

Main roz yahan houn . smile.gif ...jahan aap nahin hote biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Devje: Sep 8 2009, 10:08 PM

Devji
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 9 2009, 12:21 AM
Post #182

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Meena) Hanuman Paataal Vijay (1951)

I am uploading three songs from this album. These were all contributed by the Forum members. Per EarthMusic there are at least another five songs missing, may be more. If you have them, please kindly share them with rest of us. Thanks.

Here are the three songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Sep 10 2009, 12:47 AM
Post #183

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

QUOTE(mirsa @ Aug 13 2009, 04:52 AM) *

7th movie in the list is Chittor Vijay(1947) and I dont have any song from this one and if any one has please upload.

Based on the information earlier shared on HF, this film has music composed by S D Burman sahab. There are at least 2 songs in this film sung by Geeta ji. Kind request to share rare songs from this rare film.

Best Regards
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Sep 10 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #184

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Aug 14 2009, 07:18 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 15 2009, 06:43 AM) *

(Madhubala) Mere Bhagwan (1947)

This movie starred Madhubala, Surendra and Wasti. Music was by Sajjad Hussain. Please share songs from this album if you have any. Thanks.

Swarapriya

Here is Geeta Roy singing Mujhe Bawari Bawari Log Kahein. Even if you didn't know the MD, 30 secs into the tune you would've guessed it was Sajjad Hussein!!!

Enjoy!

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Faraaj ji

Many thanks for this song in better audio quality than the file I had earlier. A kind request for one more song sung by Geeta ji for this film :

O shyaam meera ke girdhaari ab to darshan do

Thanks and Best Regards
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
Rushin
post Sep 9 2009, 03:46 PM
Post #185

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 22828

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 8 2009, 09:44 PM) *

QUOTE(Rushin @ Sep 7 2009, 07:19 PM) *

Here are few from my side.

Thank you very very much for the songs.

Sure. Anytime.

R
+Quote Post
mirsa
post Sep 10 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #186

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 7506

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 5 2009, 12:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Exon @ Sep 4 2009, 04:24 PM) *

SP,

This movie was released by one more name, Shri Krishna Vivah.
Some time ago, I had read some discussion about the identity of singers from this album (Shri Ganesh Mahima). The general feeling is that the song 'taaron ke palne mein' has been wrongly credited to Geeta Dutt. The singer could be Sulochana Kadam or some one else. Some of the possible names suggested for 'Surya deva dinesh' song were Chitragupta and S. N. Tripathi.

Exon

Exon,

The DVD picture included in the table gives both the names, as you can clearly see. I would like to wait and see if someone else can comment on who the singer should be for the song "Taaron Ke Palne Mein".

Thanks,
Swarapriya

This is Meena Kapoor voice was quite similar to Geeta Dutt's voice.

Mohd. M.

This post has been edited by mirsa: Sep 10 2009, 04:25 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 10 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #187

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Nargis) Andaz (1949)

Here is a classic that never gets dated. Probably that is why it is a classic. This was definitely one of the great movies of Mehboob Khan. If his other great classic “Mother India” dealt with rustic India, this movie dealt with urban India and the influence of western culture on it. Both movies starred one of our greatest actresses, Nargis. She probably owes to Mehboob more than anyone else for bringing out the best in her.

Nargis was hardly 19 years old when “Andaz” was made. She was already an established actress. But this was the first movie in which her acting abilities were really challenged. The role that has many shades of complexity and demanded consummate histrionics. She rose to the occasion magnificently. She brings out the carefree tomboyish nature of a growing woman with much glee and élan. She puts forth forcibly the role of a responsible business woman with ever so ease. She exemplifies as an adoring wife with romantic abandon. She gives intensity to her performance to show moral conflict of a person caught between the love of two men which shows bleeding wounds of suffering. This is the movie Nargis announced to the world that she has arrived.

After casting Nargis, Mehboob Khan asked her whom does she want to play her husband in the movie, Dilip or Raj. She chose Raj. Each of the male leads did a great job in such contrasting roles. It was restraint in acting of Dilip versus the deliberate overplay of Raj. It was fun to watch these two great performers for the first and the last time together in the same movie.

The movie has some great music by Naushad ji. Like in most of his early movies, Naushadji was just brilliant. Every song was a super hit. Interestingly all songs by Mukesh were picturized on Dilip and Rafi for Raj. Incidentally, the previous year, in “Mela (1948)”, Naushad used the voice of Mukesh for Dilip. Those songs were also huge hits.

This was a banner year for Lata. Every song in this movie was a huge hit. But this didn’t come easy. While recording these songs Naushadji felt that Lata lacked proper Urdu diction. Lataji’s mother tongue being Marathi, this was not unusual. Naushadji spent many hours coaching Lata how to speak Urdu and how to sing some of these songs. This becomes very evident when Lata sings the song “Uthaaye Jaa Unke Sitam” in this movie. Lata also had another magnificent movie this same year in Raj Kapoor’s memorable musical “Barsaat”. That solidified her position in the industry as a singer par excellence and in the coming years a promise of force to reckon with.

Because of the number of songs I will upload these in two back-to-back posts. I am also including a couple of unreleased songs that were recently contributed by the fellow Forum member, kadri420. Many thanks to Kadriji.

Now for the first set of songs …

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Sep 11 2009, 12:58 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 11 2009, 12:00 AM
Post #188

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Andaz (1949)" Continued ...

Songs from this intense movie and great album are continued here ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Sep 11 2009, 04:25 PM
Post #189

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 9 2009, 04:51 AM) *

(Meena) Hanuman Paataal Vijay (1951)

I am uploading three songs from this album. These were all contributed by the Forum members. Per EarthMusic there are at least another five songs missing, may be more. If you have them, please kindly share them with rest of us. Thanks.

Here are the three songs ...

Thanks for Kyun Rooth Gaye Mujhse. Its a beautiful song...

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 11 2009, 09:42 PM
Post #190

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Sep 11 2009, 03:55 AM) *

Thanks for Kyun Rooth Gaye Mujhse. Its a beautiful song...

There is magic in Geetaji's voice. You just can't go wrong with her. It is definitely a very delightful number ...

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Sep 13 2009, 01:52 PM
Post #191

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 133351

There is a verse by the line Man ki Beena Cheen li sung by Rafi. If any of the members have it, i request to please upload it. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Sep 13 2009, 01:55 PM
Post #192

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 133351

There is a verse by the line Man ki Beena Cheen li sung by Rafi. If any of the members have it, i request to please upload it. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 14 2009, 07:19 AM
Post #193

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Madhubala) Madhubala (1950)

I have only four songs from this album. If any of you have more songs from this album, please kindly share. Thanks.

Here are the four songs, all by the courtesy of the Forum members ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Sep 14 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #194

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 14 2009, 11:49 AM) *

(Madhubala) Madhubala (1950)

I have only four songs from this album. If any of you have more songs from this album, please kindly share. Thanks.

Here are the four songs, all by the courtesy of the Forum members ...

Here are two very good (esp. Ye Duniya Bewafai Ki) GM Durrani solos....this Lachiram Tamar dude was talented....although I have to admit I don't like the Asha solos so much.....

1950 Madhubala - GM Durrani - Ye Duniya Bewafai Ki-lachiram tamar 3m 02s 128kbps mp3

1950 Madhubala - GM Durrani - Kisi Ko Yaad Karta Hai-lachiram tamar 3m 04s 128kbps mp3

This post has been edited by Faraaj73: Sep 14 2009, 04:18 PM

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 14 2009, 10:00 PM
Post #195

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Sep 14 2009, 02:41 AM) *

Here are two very good (esp. Ye Duniya Bewafai Ki) GM Durrani solos....this Lachiram Tamar dude was talented....although I have to admit I don't like the Asha solos so much.....

Thank you Faraaj for sharing these songs. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post

64 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 05:10 PM