Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Natyasangeet

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Natyasangeet
Bertie Wooster
post Jul 24 2005, 11:33 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2145

QUOTE(Mandrake @ Jul 24 2005, 10:33 AM)
Bertie, why do you keep vanishing?

Any more natyageete?

Or any farmaishes? If I have any, I'll upload them  smile1.gif

Hey Madrake,

Thanks for remembering me and making me move my lazy u-know-what and post out here.

You'll be aware that Kumar Gandharva had covered Balgandharva's Natyageete in the album 'Mala Umajlele Balgandharva'. Though I believe he made it abundantly clear in the title itself that it was his interpretation of Balgandharva, from what I recall, this effort was not looked upon favorably at that time by the purists. But I have always loved his versions of some of these natyapada.

On your third question, I truly don't know what to ask, since I don't recall Natyapada easily. It's when I hear one, that I recollect where I'd heard it before and hum it for days after till a new one gets uploaded. But anything from Ashatai will be greatly appreciated.

~
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bertie Wooster
post Jul 24 2005, 11:39 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Mala Madan Bhase Ha by Kumar Gandharva
from Kakasaheb Khadilkar's Manapmaan
+Quote Post
Bertie Wooster
post Jul 25 2005, 12:05 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Another of my fav Natyageet. 'Nabha Meghanni Akramile' as sung by Prabhakar Karekar.

+Quote Post
Dhananjay
post Jul 27 2005, 12:53 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 2305

Here's one by Asha Khadilkar. I've always adored her silken voice. It's her voice that renders an upbeat mood to this Naatyapad.
Naatak : Dhaadila Ram tine ka vani"
Pad : "Aale re bakul phula"......

-Dhananjay

+Quote Post
Bertie Wooster
post Jul 27 2005, 06:10 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE(Dhananjay @ Jul 26 2005, 03:23 PM)
Here's one by Asha Khadilkar. I've always adored her silken voice. It's her voice that renders an upbeat mood to this Naatyapad.
  Naatak : Dhaadila Ram tine ka vani"
  Pad      : "Aale re bakul phula"......

-Dhananjay

This is a great track. Thanks for uploading. I was watching one of the 'Nakshtaranche Dene' program on Zee. You know one thing that struck me was that she seemed to stress out when singing ... meaning it looked like an effort on her part. Just an observation ... doesn't take anything away from her rendition. I just like it when singers seem at ease when singing.
+Quote Post
Dhananjay
post Jul 27 2005, 07:45 AM
Post #21

Group Icon

QUOTE(Bertie Wooster @ Jul 27 2005, 07:10 AM)
This is a great track. Thanks for uploading. I was watching one of the 'Nakshtaranche Dene' program on Zee. You know one thing that struck me was that she seemed to stress out when singing ... meaning it looked like an effort on her part. Just an observation ... doesn't take anything away from her rendition. I just like it when singers seem at ease when singing.

Oh Oh.. I seemed to have missed that performance... What episode of "Nakshatraanche Dene" was that ?
My memories of her singing date back to the 80s (good ol' Mumbai Doordarshan !!). Haven't seen her perform after that. I believe she was at her prime during the 80s and faded away subsequently. With the advent of satellite/cable tv, the more classical art forms fell out of public prominence... Also the Marathi theatre saw the rise of more "easy going" plays - farcical comedies became the order of the day. So it's fairly possible that the stalwarts of the Sangeet-Naatak era would have lost their touch ( To me, it's also true for the other prominent figures like Bhalchandra Pendharkar, Ashalata, the Shiledar family etc.).
Does that sound like a reasonable explanation ?

-Dhananjay
+Quote Post
Dhananjay
post Aug 1 2005, 05:43 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

QUOTE(Bertie Wooster @ Jul 25 2005, 12:33 AM)
Hey Madrake,

Thanks for remembering me and making me move my lazy u-know-what and post out here.

You'll be aware that Kumar Gandharva had covered Balgandharva's Natyageete in the album 'Mala Umajlele Balgandharva'. Though I believe he made it abundantly clear in the title itself that it was his interpretation of Balgandharva, from what I recall, this effort was not looked upon favorably at that time by the purists. But I have always loved his versions of some of these natyapada.

On your third question, I truly don't know what to ask, since I don't recall Natyapada easily. It's when I hear one, that I recollect where I'd heard it before and hum it for days after till a new one gets uploaded. But anything from Ashatai will be greatly appreciated.

~

Hi folks,
Here's responding to Bertie's wish for Ashatai numbers !!! These are the ones, I possess :

From Sangeet Manaapamaan
1. Chandrika Hi Janu
2. Kathin Kathin Kathin Kiti
3. Premseva Sharan

From Sangeet Randumdubhi
1. Jagi Ha Khaas Vedyancha
2. Marmabandhatil Thev Hi
3. Paravashata Paash Daive

Lemme know if you'd like any/all of these uploaded....

-Dhananjay
+Quote Post
archimoz
post Apr 7 2006, 12:04 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 88

On Dhananjay-saab's request. However, I don't think Ustad Abdul Karim Khan had sung them as pure 'natyageets'. He just sought to use the bandishes to render his delectable khayals. Anyway, with that kind of a voice, whatever he did was music. Notice how his sargams are beautiful adaptations from the Carnatic style.

I do not have the Ustaad's 'nach sundari karu kopa'. There was this cassette that I had heard which had 6 songs of Ustaad and 6 by her able daughter, Hirabai Barodekar based on natyasangeet. I had heard the song there. Worth it's weight in gold.

Regards-Archie.

P.S. The raag-names are put as they appear on the labels of the 78 rpm records. I personally do not think that 'chandrika jhanu' is based on raag 'devgandhar'. It sounds more like raag 'Aarbi' to me. Devgandhar is more similar to a 'jaunpuri with a beautifully placed shuddh gandhar. An example would be K L Saigal's 'jhulana jhulaao'.
+Quote Post
nm007
post Apr 7 2006, 12:15 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 2636

thanks for prem sevaa sharaN and chandrika hii jaNuu. (didnt have those)

and hirabai baDodekar is his daughter? really, or do you mean desciple?

Here are two that I have

4:25 @96 and 4:24 @96

+Quote Post
abhayp
post Apr 7 2006, 12:32 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 335

QUOTE(nm007 @ Apr 7 2006, 12:15 AM) *

Both Hirabai and Roshanara Begum are supposed to be his daughters. AFAIK, Hirabai never learnt directly from him: she learnt from Abdul Wahid Khan and from her brother, Sureshbabu Mane.

Warm regards,
Abhay
+Quote Post
archimoz
post Apr 7 2006, 01:38 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

QUOTE(abhayp @ Apr 7 2006, 12:32 AM) *

Both Hirabai and Roshanara Begum are supposed to be his daughters. AFAIK, Hirabai never learnt directly from him: she learnt from Abdul Wahid Khan and from her brother, Sureshbabu Mane.

Warm regards,
Abhay

Abdul Karim was the court singer of Sayajiao Gaekwad of Baroda and used to sing there with is younger brother Abdul Haq Khan. He fell in love with Tarabai, a lady who resided inside the palace and was related in some way to the Maharani. Obviously marriage and elopement had to go hand in hand and hence the couple, and Abdul Haq reached Miraj.

The couple had five children - 2 boys and 3 girls. The eldest was Abdul Rehman. Then Champutai, Gulaab, Abdul Hamid and Chotutai.

Later, when Tarabai and Abdul Karim separated, the children went with their mother and the hindu names came up - namely - Sureshbabu Mane, Hirabai Barodekar, Kamlabai, Papa and Saraswati Rane respectively. Kamlabai was an average natyasangeet singer while Papa was the manager of Sureshbabu and Hirabai's theatre troupe. He was also, supposedly, the most talented of the lot but lack of determination and 'taalim' spoilt his career.

Abhay, you are correct about Hirabai's 'taalim' bit. She was easily the most accomplished and popular amongst the five.

Abdul Haq, who died an untimely death in Miraj, was the father of Roshan-ara Begum.

All these are heresay and I'm attempting to bring these forward to the best of my knowledge. Ready to be clarified.

Regards-Archie.
+Quote Post
august
post Apr 7 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3396

when i was in school, i had a prose in marathi (dhadaa) by prabha atre.
she is disciple of hirabai and sureshbabu.
i don't remember exactly what she had to say.
but i shall find it and post it here.

"Never explain - your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you anyhow."
- Elbert Hubbard
+Quote Post
nm007
post Apr 7 2006, 02:22 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

Member No.: 2636

QUOTE(august @ Apr 6 2006, 04:48 PM) *

prabha atre has written a book? her biography or something?
Her tan man dhan tope vaaru is heavenly. ( I think I just love kalaavatii if thats what it is)

+Quote Post
archimoz
post Apr 7 2006, 02:36 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

Here are two that I have

4:25 @96 and 4:24 @96

thank you very much for 'nacho sundari karu kopa'.

regards-archie.
+Quote Post
august
post Apr 7 2006, 02:39 AM
Post #30

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3396

QUOTE(nm007 @ Apr 7 2006, 02:22 AM) *

QUOTE(august @ Apr 6 2006, 04:48 PM) *

prabha atre has written a book? her biography or something?
Her tan man dhan tope vaaru is heavenly. ( I think I just love kalaavatii if thats what it is)

i think she has written a book- "swaramayi"
will find out the details. smile.gif

"Never explain - your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you anyhow."
- Elbert Hubbard
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 08:25 AM